We all have stories and we are all creative. This piece is amazing!
Teaching my daughter about her first dates…and every one after.
- You don’t have to wait for him. It is okay to ask him to coffee or sodas.
- Head shot or full length pictures, fully clothed with a nice smile is all you ever send him. If he asks for more he doesn’t respect you, he is saying your words are not enough and he doesn’t want to get to know you for who you are.
- Never be a *BEEP* *BEEP* woman. If his idea of opening your car door for you is to hit unlock on his keyring making the car go *BEEP* *BEEP* you’re a *BEEP* *BEEP* woman. You should stand there an wait for him to open your door. If he gets all the way to his side of the car and gets in you turn around and go back in the house. The date is over.
- Pause at the door to any building to give him time to get the door. If he’s going to open your car door for you (and he better have or you wouldn’t be on this date), he will open the building door too, just give him time to get there.
- If he offers his arm to you while you are walking, take it. Laying your head on his shoulder is optional.
- Ask about his mother and listen to how he responds. This tells you a lot about how he will treat you.
- Sit across from him at dinner, never next to him. You need to see him, hear him, and take him all in. Trust me, he wants this too. He thinks you are beautiful and he wants to admire you.
- If you like him lean toward him, maybe offer your hand across the table (always on top of the table) and laugh, and smile. He’ll pick up on it.
- If he leaves his hand on the gear shift or center console he is hoping you will take it. If he reaches to put his hand on your thigh this is only acceptable with you wearing pants and only up to 5” above the knee.
- When he walks you to your door (another must) a hug is acceptable if you feel one was earned. A kiss from you on the cheek and a kiss from him on your hand. Nothing else is needed. Politely decline if more is offered no matter how badly you want it. It’s not playing hard to get, it is you learning his respect level.
- Wait for him to say, “When do I get to see you again?” Even if you asked him out initially.
- Within ten minutes after you close the door expect a text thanking you for the wonderful evening and being excited about your next meeting.
- If this first date didn’t go great and you learned many things that made you realize you two are not compatible do not rationalize or try to overlook the red flags. He’s not right for you. Move on. Never settle.
- Keep your standards high. I know I set a high bar but that is what good fathers should do and what you should demand from the next man in your life.
Playlist of my life for class! So fun to make.
Watch this video from Cadillac. Note a few things (actor, white, rich guy, workaholic, typical cocky American, very unrealistic). This is not a parody video, they’re being completely serious.
I can’t explain it very well just please watch both of these videos okay Ford burns Cadillac so bad okay it’s so good.
This is awesome. Yay Ford!
The creations by Dangerdust, a duo of students who have decided to anonymously requisition the blackboards of their school to offer every Monday morning a new creation combining inspiration, motivation and typography.